- What information we collect.
- How we may use and share the information.
- How you can let us know your preference for sharing of information.
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect personal information about you in various ways, such as through this site; social media channels; at our events and conventions; over the phone; and in connection with our interactions with customers and vendors. We may collect the following types of personal information: contact information (such as name, postal address, employer/company name, email address and telephone number); username and password when you register on this site; geolocation data in connection with certain features of this site; and other information you may provide to us, such as in surveys, to order samples or through the “Contact Us” feature on this website.
We may collect information about you from other legitimate sources for the purpose of providing you with our products and services. Such sources include third party data aggregators, Pulpdent promotional partners, public sources and third party social networking sites. Such information may include:
- personal contact information; and
- any personal data that is part of your profile on a third party social network (e.g. Facebook) and that you allow that third party social network to share with us (e.g. name, email address, gender, birthday, city, profile picture, user ID, friend list). You can learn more about the data that we may obtain about you by visiting the website of the relevant third party social network.
When you visit our website, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons and web server logs. The information we collect in this manner includes IP address, unique device identifier, browser characteristics, device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, information on actions taken on our website, and dates and times of visits to the website. A “cookie” is a file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, links web pages to web servers and their cookies and may be used to transmit information collected through cookies back to a web server. Through these automated collection methods, we obtain “clickstream data,” which is a log of the links and other content on which a visitor clicks while browsing the website. As the visitor clicks through the website, a record of the action may be collected and stored. We may link certain data elements we have collected through automated means, such as your browser information, with other information we have obtained about you to let us know, for example, whether you have opened an email we sent to you. Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies or how to restrict or disable certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our website.
The providers of third-party apps, tools, widgets and plug-ins on our website, such as social media sharing tools, also may use automated means to collect information regarding your interactions with these features. This information is collected directly by the providers of the features and is subject to the privacy policies or notices of these providers. Pulpdent is not responsible for these providers’ information practices.
How We May Use The Information
We may use the information described above to:
- Provide products and services to you;
- Create and manage your account;
- Manage our client and vendor relationships;
- Send promotional materials and other communications;
- Communicate with you about, and administer your participation in, special events, promotions, programs, offers, surveys and market research;
- Respond to your inquiries;
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; monitoring, enhancing and improving our systems and services; managing our communications; analyzing our products and customer base; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- Verify your identity;
- Protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies.
In addition, we may use information collected through cookies, web beacons, pixels, web server logs and other automated means for purposes such as customizing our users’ use of this site; delivering content tailored to our users’ interests and the manner in which our users use this site; and managing this site and other aspects of our business. To the extent required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before collecting information using cookies or similar automated means.
We also may use third-party analytics services on this site, such as those of Google Analytics. The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyze your use of our site. The information collected through these means (including IP address) may be disclosed to these analytics providers and other relevant third parties who use the information, for example, to evaluate use of the site. To learn more about these analytics services and how to opt out, please visit the following site and any sites contained in the country-specific addenda:
Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
Once Information is Received, How is it Shared?
- We share the personal information we collect from you with vendors who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions. We do not authorize these vendors to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
- We may share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when (1) permitted or required by law, or (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions, or (3) investigating fraud that has already taken place. In all cases, this information is not provided to these entities for marketing purposes.
- We reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets.
- Aside from the sharing set forth above, we will not share your information with any third parties.
Your Rights And Choices
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use.
Links To Third-Party Sites, Apps and Services
For your convenience and information, this site may provide links to third-party sites, apps and services that may be operated by companies not affiliated with Pulpdent. These companies may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any non-Pulpdent sites, apps or services.
How To Contact Us
Attn: Regulatory Affairs
80 Oakland Street
Watertown, MA 02472