Have you ever lost a filling from a tooth? How about a crown? Dental restorations fail at times, as filling and restorative materials degrade with age. Scientific advances in dentistry have paved the way for a new kind of dental treatment using bioactive materials, which provide teeth with the minerals they need to stay healthy, and seal and protect teeth. Here are the top five reasons why bioactive materials like ACTIVA™ BioACTIVE are a better choice:
- Protects Against Cavities: Most dental filling materials begin to leak over time, leaving space for cavities to form and cause sensitivity. At the same time, dietary sugars and acids from the foods and drinks we consume cause our teeth to release minerals and to decay. ACTIVA™ BioACTIVE-RESTORATIVE™ stays strong. It replaces much-needed minerals and continuously seals the tooth against the microorganisms that cause decay.
- Looks Natural: ACTIVA™ BioACTIVE products are the same color as real teeth and come in a variety of shades. No one will be able to tell that you have a filling!
- Gets The Job Done Fast: Dentists say that ACTIVA™ is quicker and easier for patients, especially children, than comparable products. That means less time at the dentist’s office.
- Safe To Use: ACTIVA™ BioACTIVE-RESTORATIVE™ products have been rigorously tested for biocompatibility and safety. They contain no Bisphenol A, no Bis-GMA, and no BPA derivatives. No BPA makes ACTIVA™ BioACTIVE very safe for children and adults.
- A Promising Future: The average composite (white filling) lasts about 6 years. Because of its unique bioactive properties – including continual calcium, phosphate and fluoride release to nourish teeth – ACTIVA™ restorations have the potential to stay intact for much longer.
About ACTIVA™ BioACTIVE
ACTIVA™ BioACTIVE is available through your Dental Healthcare Provider and receives high praise from patients and practitioners alike. Winner of The Dental Advisor Top Bioactive Product award, ACTIVA™ BioACTIVE-RESTORATIVE scored a 5+ and received a 98% rating in its One-Year Clinical Performance Report. ACTIVA™ improves restorative outcomes by sealing margins and protecting against microleakage and secondary caries.
About PULPDENT® Corporation
PULPDENT® Corporation is a family-owned dental research and manufacturing company that is leading the way in bioactive dental materials. PULPDENT® celebrates its 70th anniversary this year with renewed commitment to the company’s founding principles of education, prevention and proactive dental care so that people can live healthier and more productive lives.