PULPDENT® Corporation has published an expanded version of the ACTIVA™ BioACTIVE white paper complete with new scientific findings and updated product information. The revised white paper also shows new clinical cases for the recently launched ACTIVA™ KIDS and ACTIVA™ BioACTIVE-CEMENT.
Bioactive materials stimulate apatite formation at the material-tooth interface and offer a host of benefits for dentists and their patients. ACTIVA™ products nourish teeth through a process called remineralization that rebuilds, seals and protects teeth. Continue reading
In 1947 Pulpdent introduced the first premixed calcium hydroxide paste. Nearly seventy years later Pulpdent continues to lead the way with its newest calcium hydroxide product offering: TempCanal™ Enhanced. With pH > 12, TempCanal Enhanced disinfects canals and prevents flare-ups, making it ideal for routine use between visits and for extended treatment of complicated cases.
TempCanal™ Enhanced is simple to use. The material flows easily through 27-gauge x 25mm, 2-side-vent, endo irrigation needles. The non-setting, non-drying formula will not clog the needle and is easily removed with file and irrigation. The 2-side-vent, closed-end needle controls placement and ensures uniform coating of canal walls, while also preventing extrusion beyond the apex. The paste will not dry out in the syringe.
TempCanal™ Enhanced is packaged in standard 1.2mL and 3mL luer lock syringes for convenient one-hand operation. Endodontic irrigation needles are available with the product and are also sold separately.
For more information contact your dental dealer or call (800) 343-4342 or email email@example.com.
Have you ever lost a filling from a tooth? How about a crown? Dental restorations fail at times, as filling and restorative materials degrade with age. Scientific advances in dentistry have paved the way for a new kind of dental treatment using bioactive materials, which provide teeth with the minerals they need to stay healthy, and seal and protect teeth. Here are the top five reasons why bioactive materials like ACTIVA™ BioACTIVE are a better choice:
- Protects Against Cavities: Most dental filling materials begin to leak over time, leaving space for cavities to form and cause sensitivity. At the same time, dietary sugars and acids from the foods and drinks we consume cause our teeth to release minerals and to decay. ACTIVA™ BioACTIVE-RESTORATIVE™ stays strong. It replaces much-needed minerals and continuously seals the tooth against the microorganisms that cause decay.
- Looks Natural: ACTIVA™ BioACTIVE products are the same color as real teeth and come in a variety of shades. No one will be able to tell that you have a filling!
- Gets The Job Done Fast: Dentists say that ACTIVA™ is quicker and easier for patients, especially children, than comparable products. That means less time at the dentist’s office.
- Safe To Use: ACTIVA™ BioACTIVE-RESTORATIVE™ products have been rigorously tested for biocompatibility and safety. They contain no Bisphenol A, no Bis-GMA, and no BPA derivatives. No BPA makes ACTIVA™ BioACTIVE very safe for children and adults.
- A Promising Future: The average composite (white filling) lasts about 6 years. Because of its unique bioactive properties – including continual calcium, phosphate and fluoride release to nourish teeth – ACTIVA™ restorations have the potential to stay intact for much longer.
About ACTIVA™ BioACTIVE
ACTIVA™ BioACTIVE is available through your Dental Healthcare Provider and receives high praise from patients and practitioners alike. Winner of The Dental Advisor Top Bioactive Product award, ACTIVA™ BioACTIVE-RESTORATIVE scored a 5+ and received a 98% rating in its One-Year Clinical Performance Report. ACTIVA™ improves restorative outcomes by sealing margins and protecting against microleakage and secondary caries.
About PULPDENT® Corporation
PULPDENT® Corporation is a family-owned dental research and manufacturing company that is leading the way in bioactive dental materials. PULPDENT® celebrates its 70th anniversary this year with renewed commitment to the company’s founding principles of education, prevention and proactive dental care so that people can live healthier and more productive lives.
Howard Farran of Dentaltown interviews Pulpdent’s Larry Clark about bioactive dental materials and the origins of ACTIVA BioACTIVE.
ACTIVA BioACTIVE materials are the first dental restoratives with a bioactive resin matrix, shock absorbing resin component, and reactive glass fillers designed to mimic the physical and chemical properties of natural teeth. ACTIVA stimulates mineral apatite crystal formation at the material-tooth interface, knitting the restoration and the tooth together.