A recent survey conducted by RDH Magazine asked hygienists about their fluoride varnish preferences.1 Survey respondents ranked the importance of eight factors when choosing a fluoride varnish, with 1=most important and 8=least important (n=317).
When it comes to selecting a fluoride varnish, survey respondents were most concerned about fluoride release, ease of delivery and ingredients. Embrace Varnish from Pulpdent satisfies all three criteria. Here’s why:
- More Fluoride Release: A study conducted by The Dental Advisor found that PULPDENT’s Embrace Varnish delivered 10 times more fluoride than the leading brand over a 4-hour cumulative time span.2
- Easy Delivery System and Application: Embrace Varnish is available in both unit doses and 12mL tubes. The material does not separate and no mixing is required.
- Ingredients Include Fluoride, Calcium and Phosphate with Xylitol: Along with fluoride, Embrace Varnish releases bioavailable calcium and phosphate ions, the essential building blocks of teeth. The xylitol coating prevents the calcium and phosphate salts from reacting until they come in contact with saliva. Saliva dissolves the xylitol and releases the calcium and phosphate ions, which react with the fluoride ions in saliva to form protective fluorapatite on the teeth.
Here’s what hygienists are saying about Embrace Varnish:
I have used several different varnishes that are on the market in my Pedo practice and my General practice. I love Embrace Varnish! It goes on easily and as per patients has a nice taste and consistency. I don’t find it clumping up as some do and adults as well as children don’t mind the application to their teeth. I find it really helps with my older patients to protect against … sensitivity. My younger patients don’t complain that it taste[s] “yucky.” – Regina H., RDH, BS
- Data on file. The survey was published via DentistryIQ.com on January 9, 2017. http://www.dentistryiq.com/articles/2017/01/pulpdent-celebrates-70-years-of-dental-innovation.html
- Yapp R, Powers JM. Fluoride Ion Release from Several Fluoride Varnishes. Dent Advis Res Rpt 45:1, March 2012.